Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Life, in List Form

I am way the heck behind on this blog-writing thing. Now I remember why I was never able to keep a diary for more than a month or so.

So, what's going on with Elie's life? Man, it seems like a lot of really crappy things have happened, actually. Yeah, let's start with the bad.

Bad thing #1: I'm still in symphonic band rather than wind symphony.
Bad thing #2: I dropped out of music theory.
Bad thing #3: My history class is destroying me.
Bad thing #4: I just got an A- on my first anthropology paper. Okay, that doesn't seem so bad. But it is, because I totally missed the point of the question and my thesis was flawed from the beginning. I'm supposed to be good at anthropology because it's my major, and I know I didn't deserve an A-. I didn't answer the question remotely correctly. I should have gotten a B- at best.
Bad thing #5: I'm working so hard, but it's not paying off. Maybe it is a little bit. I mean, I'm not failing, but I spend hours on homework each night and I try to understand everything and I talk to my professors after class and during office hours, but it just doesn't matter. I feel like I was a horrible person in a past life, and now I'm making up for it.
Bad thing #6: I'm so stressed. Therefore, I'm really unhappy.
Bad thing #7: I'm so sick of sitting through lousy college classes. I'm just tired of being in college. I love being in the clubs and with the people, and I especially love volunteering, but the academics are destroying my life.

Good things that have happened to Elie:
Good thing #1: I'm still with Jon and am really thankful for our wonderful relationship.
Good thing #2: I'm on first clarinet in symphonic band and probably should have made it into wind symphony if I had seniority.
Good thing #3: I have a decent shot at graduating in 4 or 5 years rather than 5 or 6 or 7.
Good thing #4: I'll be applying to the college of education a lot earlier than expected.

There. That's my life story. Now it's homework time.

-Elie

No comments:

Post a Comment