Sunday, January 17, 2010

Here's a quote that I don't like

"Alcohol is the anesthesia by which we endure the operation of life."

-G. Bernard Shaw

This is contrary to all the arguments FOR alcohol that I've heard. It basically reinforces my main criticism of it; people drink because they don't appreciate life just for what it is substance-free. I'd love to be convinced otherwise. But my experiences around people drinking have been less than fantastic thus far in my life.

Maybe I should put it this way; if you're drinking for reasons that align you with this quote, then you are drinking for the wrong reasons.

--Jon

1 comment:

  1. Drinking for that reason is just honesty. Some try to trick themselves into believing they are drinking to enjoy life just a little bit more or to loosen up with friends but its the same principal. They are not happy or satisfied enough already and have to drink to enhance the experience. Alcohol is alcohol.

    ReplyDelete