Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Elie Had a Good Day

I say "good" because it wasn't great, but it very well could have been. I just didn't feel like being super happy, I guess. Weird.

As soon as I was up and functional today, I sold back my psychology book to the bookstore, as I was unable to do so last quarter. I got $49 dollars back which is way less than half of what I paid originally, but it's much better than nothing.

I had time to kill before my lesson (ha, like I would practice), so I went to the anthropology department to ask a question about my prospective major, and they're like, "No problem. Just fill this out!" So I declared a combined major in anthropology/social studies. I wasn't too delighted, though I was happy, because I was NOT expecting to declare my major TODAY, let alone this year. It also scares me because this major will get me nowhere unless I teach. I really want to teach, but just in case it doesn't work out, I won't be able to do anything with a my BA degree. It's not like I'm doubting whether or not I should be a teacher. But if worse comes to worse, I'll be in trouble.

So after that, I had the best clarinet lesson EVER. I worked pretty hard on this one etude, and Zoro had lots of great things to say instead of all negative comments. He said how much I improved, which made me feel super confident. So instead of walking out my lesson in tears, I was actually smiling. Weird, I know.

I got out of my lesson fifteen minutes early, which gave me enough time to catch an early bus downtown to Haggen to purchase cookies for various club get-togethers, and I returned the video Jon and I rented, and I still had half an hour before needing to be at my appointment at Villa Bonita. When I arrived, I put down the deposit, so Ashley and I officially have an apartment for next year.

The SEE BBQ was less than desirable, but the symphonic band concert went alright. And now I'm wondering which classes to take. Next fall will be crazy. I'll write more on that after I register tomorrow. Ug.

--Elie

No comments:

Post a Comment