Thursday, May 21, 2009

Music Program Audition Results

Let's beat around the bush a little, shall we?

Last night I was discussing video games with my friend Hillary; specifically Final Fantasy games and their literary qualities, our favorite scenes, etc. She also gave me a bunch of music from FFVIII and a song about Mario Kart that I really want to play at open mic sometime. Then she told me about a game called Shadow of the Colossus that I'd heard of before. When she described it to me, I was very intrigued, and I'm definitely going to try to pick it up at Gamestop this summer sometime. Look it up. Play it if you can.

This morning I put in my application for an apartment at Villa Bonita. The apartments are kinda old, but very nice and pretty cheap (about $700 a month for 2 bedrooms, 1.5 bath, each bedroom basically the same size. Deck! No laundry in the unit, but there's a coin-operated laundry room in each building. If Christian and I get, I'll be neighbors with Elie! :D It'll be quite convenient. Squirrel Baggers will be truly united! We can catch buses together and such since we'll be taking a lot of the same classes. Because...

I GOT INTO THE MUSIC PROGRAM.

That's right folks! I'm officially a Music pre-Major! I'm so excited! It hasn't really hit me yet! I'm not terribly surprised, because I knew I was ready, but... this is like a defining moment of my life! MAY 21ST SHALL GO DOWN IN HISTORY. Not really. But you know.

SWEA Spring Conference today. Might be a little boring and I don't know if I'll retain what I learn... but hopefully I will. My mind will probably be other places.

HUZZAH. I WILL RULE THE WORLD WITH THE MUSICAL SKILLS THAT I GAIN FROM WWU.

--Jon

p.s., Thank you so much for supporting me as much as you have, Elie. Less than three. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment