Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Music Program Audition, or "AAAAAAHHHH!!!!!"

Next Thursday, May 21st, I will be auditioning for WWU's music program. And I am terrified. Playing Bach's A minor violin concerto arranged for mallets, a timpani piece called "Ballad for the Dance," and... some snare etude. Probably going to ask Rob Tucker tomorrow. The Bach thing is pretty much ready; I've been playing it for a few months now. The timpani piece is not ready, but I know it relatively well. Just need to polish it up. Snare won't be terribly difficult to learn something on, I don't think. As long as it doesn't have a bunch of crazy accents. I'll pick something that will accent (pun intended) my strengths while not accenting my weaknesses. Too much. And then I have to know all the scales and rudiments and all that good stuff, of course. I'm not sure how in-depth Bianco will go with the audition; I think I'll get in, though. Everyone seems to think getting into the program is really easy, and I know music theory better than most music-program-beginners do, I think.

I hope band isn't so boring Fall quarter. Speaking of Fall quarter, I need to figure out my schedule. I'll do that now...

--Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment